Menstruation is the monthly shedding of the endometrium that is the lining of the uterus in an absence of pregnancy.
The disorders of menstrual cycle may be related to the
1) duration of the cycle
2) length of the cycle.
3) absent menstruation that is amenorrhea.
4) pain during menstruation that is dysmenorrhea.
5) heavy menstrual flow that is menorrhagia.
6) menses related disorders like premenstrual syndromes and premenstrual dysphoric disorders.
Most of the menstrual disorders are due to.
1) Stress and lifestyle related factors.
2) uterine fibroids and polyps.
4) Pelvic Infections and Pelvic inflammatory disorders.
6) Cancers of the uterus and ovaries.
7) Hormone related disorders like thyroids.
1) Pharmacological agents and hormonal pills.
2) Surgery and removal of causative agent like fibroids or polyps.
3) Tackling endometriosis with surgery or hormonal pills.
4) Antibiotics for pelvic infections.
5) Cancer treatments in form of surgery or radiation.
6) Correction of hormonal imbalances like thyroid and prolactin related disorders.
7) Treatment of PCOS by lifestyle modification and hormonal supplementations.